More help please

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The first one is about 6-12' but we have these all over all different sizes.

SAM_0721.JPG

These next 2 are both vines

SAM_0722.JPG SAM_0724.JPG

We have many different vines growing all over. I'm sure some is kudzu but we are relatively new to this part of the country and don't know what it looks like.
Thanks
Monica

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I could bet my life savings that the plant in the bottom right picture is Virginia Creeper. Eastern native vine that turns to a nice red-ish color in the fall.

Not sure about the bottom left picture, or the top one (it's a little blurry). Where did you find the plant in the top picture growing? (Are the surrounding trees deciduous or conifers, or a mix? How's the soil?)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
#3, fairly sure that's Virginia Creeper

#2, may be a weed

#1, I know that! Come on, those flowers turn to round black berries... ;)?

Steve

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We just moved to this county three weeks ago. I don't know where the extension is yet. I was thinking Virginia creeper.

We have a whole bunch of the first photo. They are all around the property. Some are just a stand or row of these others are surrounding trees. I think all the trees are deciduous. I haven't identified them all yet. In fact in taking these photos, I found a tree I didn't know was there. It is surrounded with tall shrub/bush/tree things. Our soil test kit is still in the storage that we haven't moved here yet.

I know it's blurry, I was trying to get the little flower sprigs. I think I saw these on enature site but have to check it again.

Thanks for the help.
Monica

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The second one may be a grape, we get tons of them popping up all over the place. The third is Virgina creeper. I'm not sure on the first.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think Anna got the second one, grape.

Does that first one have a strong smell? Those leaves look kind if thick and maybe waxy? Everything I come up with the flowers aren't right.

Latest posts