Morning Glories

Luna

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
woo HOO! I love morning glories and I have been planting Scarlet Runner Beans just to have another climbing vine, too.

I tried Love in a Puff seeds this year, but they were a dud and never even germinated. BAH.

Nice pics, Injunjoe. I'm in northeast PA and my MG's are still blooming away like there is no tomorrow.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I LOVE morning glories. My grandpa always grew these beautiful purple ones, and they remind me of him. :happy_flower I have some growing this year that I hope will reseed so I have them next year.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you ladies.

Kate be sure to collect seed for next year!
I pick the pods off while still a bit green and wait for them to dry then you just crush the pod with your fingers and out pops a few seeds.

I got a late start on my front yard project, but come spring I will plant every color I can get my hands on!

There is Moon Flower mixed in there, they are just now getting up the poles and I spotted a few flower buds this morning.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had to share this fine glory.
I love the star they make.

100_7705.jpg

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a ton of morning glory seeds that I got from winters sown. I can't wait to plant them in the spring.... I just wish I had an ugly chain link fence instead of the wood fence. Then I would have more room for vining things like my passion flower.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey thanks, you should see the look on the peoples face as they drive by! I'm out there with my coffee in one hand, camera on the tripod, me looking at the flower with great intent, we wait for the breeze to pass, the flower to settle, now! *snap* a second goes by then a picture! This is an adventure in it self!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow

Wonderful shade of blue Joe !! :love :celebrate

They really cheered me up! It's cold & wet here. I love blue flowers of any kind but that shade just sings out!

Thank you! :D

:rose Hattie :rose

Latest posts