morning grrrrrr

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last week home depot delivered a new clothes dryer to kennel. It runs for about 2 minutes then shuts off. When phone calls couldn't get past automated system I went in person. Told manger he was 10 seconds away from you tube video customer freak out, did he real want to star in it ? New machine coming Monday

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last week home depot delivered a new clothes dryer to kennel. It runs for about 2 minutes then shuts off. When phone calls couldn't get past automated system I went in person. Told manger he was 10 seconds away from you tube video customer freak out, did he real want to star in it ? New machine coming Monday

Is the lint screen cleaned after every load? Towels make lots of lint, could be a safety thing.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope you get your house back in working order soon Major.

We just had to replace our washing machine (clothes). The one that died was only 6 years old which I consider still in the blush of youth, but talking to the repair guy it would have been a $600 repair. He said it's not uncommon for this type of problem to happen in only a year. Apparently on some machines you can't just replace the bearings, but have to get the whole tub unit.
He advised not repairing. I asked for a recommendation and he said Speed Queen unequivocally. Just saying. I'm sure you've done your research on what you want to replace with. I wish I had talked to a repair guy before I made the last expensive purchase, and not paid so much attention to the Lowes salesman.

we are still thinking on the washer, right now going to the laundromat it costs about 20.00 but you get everything done washed, dried, folded in 2 hrs... were it takes all day or multi days to complete here at the house...so that one is up in the air.....

as for fridges it's going to be either this..

www.lowes.com/pd/Whirlpool-21-4-cu-ft-Side-by-Side-Refrigerator-with-Single-Ice-Maker-Black/1000332327
or
/www.lowes.com/pd/GE-23-2-cu-ft-Side-by-Side-Refrigerator-with-Ice-Maker-Black/1000181849

for the range...
www.lowes.com/pd/GE-30-in-Free-Standing-Electric-Range/1000579287

we are not into induction ranges, i know how to repair the ge coil range blindfolded.....

the washer would be a roper
www.lowes.com/pd/Roper-3-5-cu-ft-High-Efficiency-Top-Load-Washer-with-Agitator-White/1000074111

as for the water heater, for now would be this since it fits perfectly, but there are times 30 gallons is not enough...
www.lowes.com/pd/A-O-Smith-Signature-30-Gallon-Tall-6-year-Limited-4500-Watt-Single-Element-Electric-Water-Heater/1000213647

so when we do re-plumb the house with pex...going to go with a 40-50 gallon unit....

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mother loved her freezer on bottom fridge. She didn't have to bend over as much when she needed to look in fridge, makes sense she was in fridge much more then freezer

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mother loved her freezer on bottom fridge. She didn't have to bend over as much when she needed to look in fridge, makes sense she was in fridge much more then freezer
I wasn't sure how accessible bottom freezer was but I find I like it. I only open it maybe once a day and like that there is a basket that slides on top with 2 sides on the bottom.

I also like my stand up freezer in the garage.

Mary

Latest posts