morning grrrrrr

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some good news this afternoon the insurance company cut the check for the damaged appliances
For more than we figured so we are getting new fridge new range and with the leftover and a little out of pocket a new clothes washer..

So things are looking up now soon as the check gets here we are going shopping.......

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some good news this afternoon the insurance company cut the check for the damaged appliances
For more than we figured so we are getting new fridge new range and with the leftover and a little out of pocket a new clothes washer..

So things are looking up now soon as the check gets here we are going shopping.......
Have you ever checked out the return/damaged appliances at Lowes? Our neighbor just redid his kitchen with Lowes reject appliances at bargain prices. He just kept checking until he got everything he wanted. He even made them lower offers and they accepted his offers. It would be worthwhile for the money you can save-it would give you more money to improve your home with.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you ever checked out the return/damaged appliances at Lowes? Our neighbor just redid his kitchen with Lowes reject appliances at bargain prices. He just kept checking until he got everything he wanted. He even made them lower offers and they accepted his offers. It would be worthwhile for the money you can save-it would give you more money to improve your home with.

dw wants appliances now.....!!!!!!!!!! we want the kitchen done now!!!!!!! this is getting real f'ing old.....

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope you get your house back in working order soon Major.

We just had to replace our washing machine (clothes). The one that died was only 6 years old which I consider still in the blush of youth, but talking to the repair guy it would have been a $600 repair. He said it's not uncommon for this type of problem to happen in only a year. Apparently on some machines you can't just replace the bearings, but have to get the whole tub unit.
He advised not repairing. I asked for a recommendation and he said Speed Queen unequivocally. Just saying. I'm sure you've done your research on what you want to replace with. I wish I had talked to a repair guy before I made the last expensive purchase, and not paid so much attention to the Lowes salesman.

Latest posts