Morning Teevee Programs

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm going to have real problems watching them this winter and better just quit right now!

The people in the programs remind me of North Korea:

Everybody starves themselves and what they do . . . bombs.

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Does TV work before supper time?

The only time mine goes on before the evening news is if I want to watch a certain game and am around to watch the game. So far this year, my favorite college team has been on 6 times. I've watched 2 games and both of those were after suppertime.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I understand...

We got rid of TV altogether a couple of years ago. Too much junk. At first it was difficult, but then we found books. Oh yeah, I had kind of forgotten about books. Then we found extra stuff to do outside. Yep, there is ALWAYS something to do outside. Then we got involved in all kinds of community things. So now we are busy, busy, busy. Good thing we don't have tv anymore...we never have time to watch it anyhow. :D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stubbornhillfarm said:
I understand...

We got rid of TV altogether a couple of years ago. Too much junk. At first it was difficult, but then we found books. Oh yeah, I had kind of forgotten about books. Then we found extra stuff to do outside. Yep, there is ALWAYS something to do outside. Then we got involved in all kinds of community things. So now we are busy, busy, busy. Good thing we don't have tv anymore...we never have time to watch it anyhow. :D
Good for You, We really need to kick the T.V. habit. So much JUNK on it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe you should record the morning "news" programs, Cat. They should be able to put you to sleep. Of course, without an interest in the British royal family, Hollywood starlets, or (?) -- viewing at anytime would provide you with a big zero in the information column.

Sensational puff and inconsequential drivel with the "hosts" sitting around, smiling and congratulating each other half the time. . . . once in awhile somebody pretends to get seriously tuff with some politician, or whomever. The question is sidestepped twice, 45 seconds have been expended and they are outta time.

I used to think that their efforts were lame but those shows have dropped a couple of notches over the last few years.

Steve

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
There are a few programs I like to watch. I like The Chew because it's a daytime cooking show(abc). I like At Home with Lisa Quinn because she does room makeovers know the cheap(live well network). I like a new show called Revolution. (can't remember a channel, but it's a drama series about life after the electric goes down for good. More drama than useful tho) I LOVE Greys Anatomy! And other than that, it's usually just background noise. My mother has meniers disease, and I believe I'm in the early stages of it with the constant ringing in my ears.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hahaha. I often record science etc. When those shows come on afterwards they wake me up-THEY ARE SO LOUD! Informercials are loud too. When I first became an insomniac they only thing on TV were informercials in the middle of the night. I bought a lot of useless junk that seemed great in my exhausted stupor.
digitS' said:
Maybe you should record the morning "news" programs, Cat. They should be able to put you to sleep. Of course, without an interest in the British royal family, Hollywood starlets, or (?) -- viewing at anytime would provide you with a big zero in the information column.

Sensational puff and inconsequential drivel with the "hosts" sitting around, smiling and congratulating each other half the time. . . . once in awhile somebody pretends to get seriously tuff with some politician, or whomever. The question is sidestepped twice, 45 seconds have been expended and they are outta time.

I used to think that their efforts were lame but those shows have dropped a couple of notches over the last few years.

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Insomnia proves there is TV programing from 12:00 am to 6:00 am and DH likes to sit and unwind when we come inside in the early evening, but TV from 6:00 am until 4:00 pm? Nothing I've ever seen since I stayed home from school for an illness and Mom watched THE GUIDING LIGHT.

No way I could bring myself to pay for television! Nope! The radio is on during the day, but we're in and out. Because we live on high ground, we get 25 channels - half or so are duplicates - with rabbit ears. Of course, there's little commend most of the shows, but PBS runs our 3 most-watched stations.

Love, Smart Red

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We don't have cable either, much to the bellows of my children when we decided to cut it off. We now pay for hulu plus (which doubles as my DVR) and netflix. Usually between the 2 I can get all the TV that I need. We also have bunny ears and a converter box. We don't get near the 25 channels that you do Red, but we do get the locals (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox) and a couple PBS, CW, and an obscure network that I'd never heard of despite growing up with cable and later having Directv called the Live Well Network. They have cooking shows, weight loss shows, home decorating shows. I really like that channel, even tho programming is only on there for a short amount of time and the rest is infomercials.

I try to keep my husband away from Infomercials as much as possible. He has a brain injury that makes it extremely difficult to control his impulses (kinda like ADHD but not...) and if I don't make him sit and think about why we REALLY need something and how we would use it in our lives, we end up with all kinds of things. When he was away for work, he ordered the BeachBody Insanity DVD set. I tried to do that for 2 days... holy MOLY! I thought I was going to DIE! He's never even touched the box BTW... LOL

Latest posts