Morning Y'All from Virginia

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning all! I would offer you some coffee but the pot is empty SORRY! I'll be the first one to admit I am a coffee drinker. I am engaged to a wonderful man and we have 5 dogs who we treat as our kids. We just bought a house in Crewe, Va on 0.5 acres (corner lot). I know it doesn't sound like much property but its plenty big enough for us. It has an Azealia bed in the front and along one side of the house is a long flower bed but there's flower beds that go all around the house too!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan. :) i hope you enjoy gardening at your new place for many years!

the name being familiar i think you are the same person as on SS?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
:welcome from Central IL.
Thanks for putting your location with your Avatar!!
I grew up in two places, West Chester, PA, where we lived on 1 acre, and a Chicago suburb where the unincorporated area had 1/2 acre lots.
You can do a LOT with that amount of space.
I currently live on 5 acres (3 horses on 4 of it), and my 1 acre around the house, around the 4 car (detached) garaged has been in a state of transformation for over 20 years now. I have two fruit trees on the south lawn, refenced (got rid of old and rusty cattle fencing in lieu of proper metal horse fencing) and planted and fenced in two Montmorency Cherries and two Johnagolds in the "Inner Sanctum", fenced in area in front of the barn. This area has saved me chasing horses around the small town I live in a good dozen x since we moved here.
Whateve you imagine you can make happen.
You might consider planning out gardening rooms.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning all! I would offer you some coffee but the pot is empty SORRY! I'll be the first one to admit I am a coffee drinker. I am engaged to a wonderful man and we have 5 dogs who we treat as our kids. We just bought a house in Crewe, Va on 0.5 acres (corner lot). I know it doesn't sound like much property but its plenty big enough for us. It has an Azealia bed in the front and along one side of the house is a long flower bed but there's flower beds that go all around the house too!
Welcome to this forum from the Pacific Northwest! You will find lots of valuable information and great people!