most unusual produce

sred98

Leafing Out
Reaction score
kellygirrl said:
Shelly,

Re luffas, I'm just thinking they'll fruit and ripen more if they have more time, but if if they're too mature when I transplant them, they won't like that either... Yeah, I'll just start them in those larger decomposing pots in April sometime.

Re horned jelly melon beans :/ , don't even remember the flowers. The fence was so crowded, I probably didn't even know I had them when they were flowering. (I am the most disastrous gardener I ever met.) But prickly little balls on a vine, I don't care who y'are, that's cute. :lol:

PS I've seen commercially grown "horny melons" as I think Whole Foods called them, and they were probably 3 times as big as mine ( :/ ?). Due to some mythical growing zone no doubt.
Either the mythical zone or some odd hybrid, I'm betting. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you garden like I do, a little bit here, a little bit there, tossing seeds as we go! :throw LOL!

Shelly

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
sred98 said:
Has anyone tried the Jelly Melon from Baker Creek? Cucumis metuliferius. Supposedly easy to grow, the pulp looks like green jello, and tastes like banana-lime. I just ordered it, because my kids like interesting things. I hope they aren't disappointed! I'd love to hear about it...

Shelly
My 9 year old picked it out for his garden this year :)

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Okay me& the gals, my charentais melons have sprouted(slowly but they sprouted). I am planning on planting them this next weekend in the garden. Thats my progress so far!

Latest posts