Mother Earth News Garden Planner

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
AlienChick said:
Wow!! You guys are SERIOUS!!

[ Thinking . . .] Maybe I should join GA (Gardenholics Anonymous) now. :rolleyes:
Sorry to scare you, they are gardener's with nothing to garden so they get a little rowdy but you'll have fun here too. I only pull weeds not grow them. But that program would be awesome StupidBird. :love

I have started so many spreadsheet to keep track of that stuff but then once the season gets really going I don't have time to keep up with it.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
yeah, in the winter months we start thinking of things we want to do and how we expect certain planning software to actually work for us! :lol: i just wish i could find a CD that had these programs on them so i didn't have to worry about keeping up on any type of subscription that isn't in or on my own computer. i guess i'm a little old fashioned in the thought of keeping paper around for later references and having them accessible right away than having to start up the PC and search through different files or waiting for it to load.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, that's funny C'Moma! Being a computer nincompoop helps keep me old fashioned. I do it all in a notebook ( the paper kind )
That does have it's advantages tho' since I can drag it around to the garden with me and it's okay if I set it down in the dirt.

But then like 'Dorie said, all my plans and calculations get discarded when work and the garden and everything else get screaming along in the summer!

StupidBird

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
So true, so true! It's winter and I'm laid up with nothing to do! And to busy in the summer to keep track.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh, the quote 'best laid plans of mice and men' sort of comes to mind. but then i think of those white mice in the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy start popping into my head! :p

AlienChick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:D Yeah, right now (winter) the online garden planner is a lot of fun - I've got nothing better to do. lol

At the very least, it'll help me plot where plants will go and how far and how much space to calculate; making that part of my job easier. (For a newbie, that's important.)
h058.gif

:D

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OK, I order a soil blocker from johnny seeds and they have a seed planting calculator. It ask for particulars and you type them in and it tells you how much seed to buy. Pretty fun actually.

Latest posts