Movie Time?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has seen, or is planning to see the new movie "Gone Girl"? It was filmed in Cape Girardeau, MO, for the most part. This is the largest town near me. The hype surrounding this movie is amazing, and here locally it is just crazy. I read the book a couple of months ago, finally. Now waiting for the crowd to thin a bit before I venture to the theater. I am not usually a movie person, but sometimes you gotta step out of your box, lol.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
You want out of your box? My wife, son, and I were in the movie "Ray". It didn't take long to buy that movie, not just go see it. Through a speech coach at his high school, my son was asked to be and extra. When my wife took him for his costume fitting, they asked if she wanted to be an extra and if she knew any other adults interested. We had the time so we did.

You can see my butt in that one, an usher bent over picking up trash in the background of one scene. I almost had a real nice scene as a cop at a riot where I was harassing a teenaged couple but the cameraman said I was smiling too much for it to make the cut. My wife had three individual highlights as part of the crowd, where they focus in on one specific crowd member. My son went through that almost frame by frame and found her. Those were just quick flashes. Unless you knew where they were you'd miss them.

We all made crowd scenes as part of the audience, but my son was not recognizable in any of them. He was not a happy camper.

If you ever get a chance to be an extra in a movie and have the time, jump at it. The pay is not great, the days are long and boring, but you get to see some of how they make those movies. And Jamie Foxx kept us entertained at a lot of the down time, playing piano, singing Ray Charles songs, and telling stories and jokes.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
There were a lot of local people who were extras in this movie. I think one of our local news announcers got a speaking (one line) part. Everyone around here was really excited about the whole thing.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I decided to look at
http://www.imdb.com/
to what this film is all about, @so lucky . There is a trailer on the homepage :).

Pretty stars ... I'll include Ben Affleck. The young lady must be the one that didn't disappear ..? I looked where else she's been. A Tom Cruise murder mystery ..!

I don't know if my heart could take the suspense!

Steve ;)

Latest posts