Moving sucks :)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, your psych prof obviously has never lost a loved one. (I will not comment on opinion of psych people). Or loves things as much as people!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yay our big weekend went really well!! The timing worked out great on Friday, we were packing packing packing all morning, and when we had just about filled up every vehicle we own, and the 17' uhaul, the realtor called right on schedule and we got the keys! The phone/internet/cable guy met us immediately at the house and got everything hooked up and working. We got 2 more uhaul truck trips done on saturday (with 3 friday) then returned the truck and headed to our friend's wedding, which was FABULOUS!

We still dont have quite all our stuff here, there's some in our camper and a storage unit, but we've been trying to organize the house a bit before we bring everything here. We love love love the house, and Lucy dog has adjusted really well to not having her own dog door/yard access temporarily.

Sorry no pictures yet, we've been taking some but it just takes so much time for me to upload them to our computer and download them here that i'm going to save that for another day when i dont have so much to do!

P.S. we have a fabulous spot for a spider plant, does anyone have some babies they'd be willing to send? I havent had one of those for a long time but DH suggested it for hanging out of the (windowless) interior window frame that hangs over our stairwell. :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so glad the move went well. You were well organized to start with so you could pull it off with the time allotment that you had! I can't wait to hear more about your new house!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad the move is behind you and so happy that your'e so happy! :D Getting everything in it's place takes time but for now you can at least make it functional. Labor day is coming up so hopefully you'll have an extra day off to work on some organizing and unpacking. You'll also have winter to dream about next year's garden. :)

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey that's great Heather! Isn't it fun waking up in a new home?
Now you get to do the best part, making it yours.
I can't wait to see some pics, and hear about your garden plans!

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have lots and lots of spider plant babies. Most of them are the solid green one, and about 4 of them are the variegated. I'd be glad to mail you some!

We're moving my DD, grands and SIL from San Jose CA to Little Rock next week. Hot hot hot and boy oh boy will my DH be shocked by humidity! He's never experienced humidity like they have out there!!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well we've been here in our new house for 10 days now, and we've gotten A TON of things done!!! All our possessions are out of storage and almost everything is out of the box...still a small pile of random boxes in the garage but not much left to unpack. The interior of the house is 90% done, organized, cleaned, set up...just needs a few tweaks here and there. Today we started on the fence building...correction, DH started on it! We rented an auger and he got our 8 post holes dug in several hours. Lots of rocks here, and very poor soil, I am discovering. It's not a huge fence we're building, about 70 feet or so, but this is our first time, so it's going to be a real learning experience for us...

Anyway, enough blah blah blah, here's the PICTURES!!

Outside, this is actually the "back" of the house, southern exposure
house back 2.jpg
Front of the house, north side
house front 3.jpg
Combined living/kitchen area
IMG_3302.JPG
IMG_3303.JPG
The view from our bedroom at sunset the other night.
IMG_3300.JPG
Oh, here's a shot of how we moved my upside down tomatoes, hanging from our ladder inside the moving truck!! After all the hassle of getting these things to the new house, they darned well better produce some ripe tomatoes!!!!
IMG_3229.JPG
Here's something fun I got on craigslist for the new house, lockers for shoe and jacket storage in our entryway!!
IMG_3308.JPG
DH augering the holes for the fenceposts today, ugh.
IMG_3314.JPG
And the only "garden-related" project I've done so far, laid down cardboard to kill the grass and weeds on top of the rock wall along our driveway, so hopefully I can get some of the plants we brought in the ground by fall. Iris, yucca, rhubarb, alium will all get dumped in here, because I'm pretty sure this will be the only bed I get to this year. Oh, and today I nuked about a bazillion thistles with Roundup. They are out of control here, and I can see it's going to be a major, multi-year commitment to getting rid of them. They are horrible, with long thorns that actually can poke my feet through the sides of my tennis shoes. Poor Lucydog bites her feet and legs every time she comes inside.
IMG_3312.JPG
That's all so far! I'm really amazed with our progress in 10 days, and have so many things I want to get done...but am also wearing out with my energy, and would love to take a day to lay around at the lake or in the canoe. Maybe next weekend! :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Love the house! :loveIt is so homey looking. The inside shots look great too, and the VIEW! Beautiful! 10 days and you've got all that done? You are working like crazy on this! Take a day off, you deserve it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your house is beautiful Heather! You have made fantastic progress, I can't believe you're all moved in and have everything in it's place already! You're going to have so much fun landscaping and making gardens there.

Your lockers are are such a fun idea, really unique.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, the property is beautiful! So much room for planting. I can't believe you've gotten all that moving/unpacking almost done. Are you exhausted? Ha I love the outside of the house.

Thanks for the pictures. Now we have a visual.

Mary

Latest posts