Moving sucks :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It sure has that Montana charm, Heather.

:)

Now, don't you dare drift towards some other part of the country for inspiration!

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful place and what a nice view! Can't wait to see what all you do with it.

Just for fun here, but the USDA has a web soil survey tool that you can use to see what they've found out about your particular soil and it's qualities. Pretty useful stuff.

Hope you can get all of your thistles under control so your pup can go pee in peace. :) When I lived in TX, my crappy yard (rental) had mean and spiky sand-burrs and my poor chow mix was always getting them stuck between her paw pads.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, to be young and energetic once again!

Your new home is idyllic, @journey11. Such a lovely exterior and even lovelier setting. I almost envy your adventure even if I don't expect to ever move from this spot. That back porch seems perfect for early morning coffee and late evening spirits!

What are you taking that gives you all that energy? Can you send a few samples to south-est, central-est Wisconsin? I can't imagine moving into a house and making it into a home in a mere 10 days as you have done.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! Your new house is beautiful. You'll have lots of fun landscaping and gardening there.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks everybody! We're super excited too, this place is just awesome. Today we set the fence posts in concrete, then called it a day and headed to the lake!!! Perfect solution to a 92* day.

I was going to mention, too, a lot of the open space you see in the pics is not ours. We do have a half acre, which is much bigger than our previous tiny town lot. But a fair amount of that is house, deck, pole barn and driveway. The significant amount of mowed grass behind DH in the pic where he's working on the holes for the fence is the empty lot next to us, which is 1 of 3 around our house, which is terrific. Anyway, loving it!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, a half acre is a very good sized lot, Heather. 200' by 400', or something like that, 20,000sqft. Even if, say, 5,000 sqft is taken up by buildings, that still leaves 15 times the size of a "family" garden!

Let me just say that it could nearly be a full time job if you were to put half of that lot into a garden. So much to play with - crazy! But, I doubt that is your intention.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, you must feel like a farmer then with lots more room! You will be able to plant fruit trees, berries and a garden! And still have room for lawn and maybe a gazebo in there too with the BBQ pit in front of it....... :lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugs@NwMtGardener how is the settling in going? I know you have so much work to do, but come tell us about it! Sending hugs! :hugs