Mowed Down Maximilian Sunflowers?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
This week a caller reported on Mid American Gardener that his CONTRACTOR mowed down his 5 year tended 4-5 ft tall holly bushes. He wondered if they would survive. I THINK they have a better chance than your sunflowers. I am SOOOO SORRRY!!! I lucked out with the best neighbors I have ever had where I now live.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I had a new driveway put in it wrapped around a Crabapple tree. This tree happened to be the very first thing I ever planted at the country house. I had a big attachment to it. I went and got a roll of the orange fencing and fenced off tree. Then I went one step farther and posted a sign anyone harming this tree will have to deal with a angry queen. Years later tree still healthy.

Nenebynature

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When I had a new driveway put in it wrapped around a Crabapple tree. This tree happened to be the very first thing I ever planted at the country house. I had a big attachment to it. I went and got a roll of the orange fencing and fenced off tree. Then I went one step farther and posted a sign anyone harming this tree will have to deal with a angry queen. Years later tree still healthy.

I love the note. Sounds like the notes I write on my lunches at work...

Latest posts