Murphy's Law Strikes Again

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugs Wish I were there to give you a hug!:hugs Grandparents are God's gift to children just as children are God's gift to grandparents. :loveNo other relationship on Earth comes as close to His unconditional love as this. This may be a tough time for you and I am sorry about that.

Hopefully the end result will have you telling us all how @so lucky you are.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugsfor you. I can't add anything to the wise words that have already been said. God bless your grandbaby and keep him/her. I hope this will bring out the best in your son too.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oddly enough, we just found out yesterday that my step-daughter and her husband are expecting again, too. This will be their fourth. At least they have a good income and a big house, and lots of family around them.
Once again, there will be those unspoken comparisons between the two circumstances. Makes my heart hurt.
Maybe a bright spot is the fact that my son started on a new med this weekend, to cut the alcohol cravings, Naltrexone. If he can stay on it, it may be what he needs to even the playing field against this terrible addiction.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@so lucky , we get a lot of the "kids these days" ideas from all directions, all the time. Some of these ideas seem particularly on the mark but I notice that they don't age well.

Kids these days become the adults and the old people doing the complaining. Ideas, accurate or otherwise, sort of get lost for the older generation along the way. Maybe, they get banished ... I bet most kids these days don't pay much attention to them in the first place.

The culture evolves. Would we have it any other way? Crises are met, dodged, overcome, integrated. The future belongs to them. Some have always prospered, some failed ... we mark history by some of the most monumental failures but, generally, learn to ignore the reasons for those, too. Those failures are usually the decisions of the old not the young - they just pay a higher price when they are young.

Young people are always in such a hurry for something new. Some of the new ain't so new but there will always be differences.

Love them. Just like us, they are only human. All the young, need time and help growing up.

Steve
who stopped a long while to think but clicked reply anyway

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oddly enough, we just found out yesterday that my step-daughter and her husband are expecting again, too. This will be their fourth. At least they have a good income and a big house, and lots of family around them.
Once again, there will be those unspoken comparisons between the two circumstances. Makes my heart hurt.
Maybe a bright spot is the fact that my son started on a new med this weekend, to cut the alcohol cravings, Naltrexone. If he can stay on it, it may be what he needs to even the playing field against this terrible addiction.
I hope the comparisons are silent.

Latest posts