Music And Gardening...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
For Christmas I asked for and got a portable cd player (doesn't skip!) (( my kids asked me if I knew what millennium it was :p ))
and it fits into it's own little belt pouch. I got it primarily to listen to audio books from the library, to stave off the crushing boredom while I spend time on the slog-o-matic, but I took it to work and listened to David Klinkenberg and Phil Keaggy. Awesome pruning music!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
awwwwwwwwwww, Patsy! <3

who is that on the sax?
Wikipedia doesn't list a sax player. (click)

It was released after her death but there was an earlier album than this "A Portrait" compilation. At this moment in my day, I may go "Crazy" doing a search . . .

Steve

Happy you enjoyed Patsy, Linn :).

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I may be in the minority here, but I just like the sounds of the world around me: Various birds, the occasional frog, dog and vehicle, the neighbor boys bouncing their basketball in their driveway, my chickens clucking and singing, and bees buzzing in the summer. When I listen to music in the house or car, it is classic country or oldies, sometimes blues.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm kind of odd, I like my music at certain times. Laying pavers for a walk way? Putting in a fence or trellis? Music. Transplanting hostas? Direct sowing seeds? No music. If I'm picking or pruning no music, even spreading mulch I don't turn it on.

When I do its classic & outlaw country or delta blues. But I'm also one to listen to the symphony and have a strong appreciation for classical music too. Music that can stand on its own, has a story, an intent behind it. Not music that is as shallow as a rain puddle focusing on just some flashing strobe lights and singers (I refuse to call them artists) lip synching their songs so they can execute maneuvers that would make a burlesque dancer blush.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
So lucky, I am with you... Silence is golden! The only time I actually choose to listen to music, is in the car. This is a good thing, since my garden is right next to a very noisy highway, so I wouldn't be able to hear it, even if it was on!

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Haha I am the oddball here! I tend to rock out when I'm in the garden, usually when I'm weeding. My neighbor has seen me one-too-many times playing the air guitar and singing my heart out. Last summer the favorites on my playlist were Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, Led Zeppelin, and of course my favorite band of all time- Red Hot Chili Peppers. Occasionally I will have Bob Marley, Nancy Sinatra, Elvis, ZZ Top, or just a classic rock station on. I love to dance, but try to refrain from doing that in the garden since I might squish an innocent tomato plant :hide

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
ooo! ooo! OOOOO!!! Air guitar!

Hot, you do rhythn on a 12 string and I'll do lead on an Ovation, amped and equalized! Wanna switch, and pick up the air strat? Watch out, my axe is port sided. :p

I do air keyboard too!

But get me a Selmer and I'll do real sax! I'm feeling kinda bari today! Any key you like! I'll jazz and class the rock...

:rose

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
since we have gone wireless here planning on music out in the garden this season. lately been hooked on I-heart radio been listening to 103.7 out of san Francisco they play old classic rock, yup love the old stuff still to this date.
like listening to that station it reminds me of the good<wild> days of driving down to Oakland and going to " day on the green" concerts only missed a few from 1977-1985.

anybody else here ever go to one?.. if so who was your favorite artist's

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went to some of those day on the green concerts. One time...oh maybe you remember...something happened while jam packed, and there was a stampede to get out. it was a bb king concert that one.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
hippie7.gif
hippie4.gif

49lpmxx.gif

bore.gif

123.gif

za2.gif

7AD_headspin.gif

Latest posts