"MY" bees petering out.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Both the borage and rosemary are in full bloom right now. In past seasons I would expect to see them swarming with bees but lately I have no more than one or two at a time working the blossoms. I always figured there was a beekeper nearby because they always come from the same direction (West). If so he must be having problems of some kind. There just aren't enough bees for a thriving hive.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bees are opportunists... lets hope they have found something they really like, closer to home. About time you had a hive of your own, hoodat!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle! I thought you were still under the snow?? What crocus? I don't think spring will ever arrive here!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It was a rough winter here for bees. We lost 2 hives here at the farm & DH said we lost a couple at the orchard down the road. Not sure what happened since the guy who has the orchard said there was activity just last week. :(

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
Thistle! I thought you were still under the snow?? What crocus? I don't think spring will ever arrive here!
Yeah, I didn't want to make you feel bad....:hugs We are snow free, even at my house, which always seems like the very last to melt off. I cleaned pens today and was down to my t-shirt it was so warm. Had a few windows open too, AAANNNND I hung sheets and jeans on the line and they all actually dried!

But last year we were still snowing, and snowing...nothing says we still can't get more, but I hope not.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes! Strangely warm and nice weather lately here too !! My crocuses are going to town, and looks like this weekend will be gorgeous and 60s ...actually i'm headed to spokane right now, and might even hit 70 there Monday!!

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I was just reading that the commercials hives are failing at 40 to 60% w/hive collapse. they're suspecting pesticides.