My Best Weeding Investment - Torch

silkiechicken

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love my torch! I have the weed dragon that was about 50 something bucks I think... might have been more actually.

But, I use it to attempt to torch the gravel drive. Our weeds are established and our ground is almost always wet. Plants steam, smolder, wilt, then grow right back from the roots. LOL I've yet to be able to catch the ground on fire...I may have to wait till august when it might be dry enough.

I figure it'll take a few months to really kill them all... the best part is running the flame thrower full blast!!!!!!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I saw this message title I thought it said "My Best Wedding Investment," and I was having some disturbing mental pictures. :ep

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lesa said:
Joz, it is like giving a man a chainsaw... you have to watch them. After last year, I don't allow the thing in the actual garden. Dh was out there, and actually burnt a strawberry plant, because it was growing outside the row!! Really?? And it had berries on it... Along the fence line it works beautifully. Don't let the weeds get too big, before you use it- they do kind of catch on fire, if they are very tall.
I torched my sisters Sago Palm - I didn't think I got that close to it! :/

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Southern Gardener said:
lesa said:
Joz, it is like giving a man a chainsaw... you have to watch them. After last year, I don't allow the thing in the actual garden. Dh was out there, and actually burnt a strawberry plant, because it was growing outside the row!! Really?? And it had berries on it... Along the fence line it works beautifully. Don't let the weeds get too big, before you use it- they do kind of catch on fire, if they are very tall.
Well Joan, we won't be trusting you with a chainsaw anymore!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Southern Gardener said:
lesa said:
Well Joan, we won't be trusting you with a chainsaw anymore!
:gig Yah, you should have seen me the first time I used the torch! I was stumbling over the hose, waving it around like a crazy person, I just knew I was going to set the house on fire. I think I'm getting better tho. :D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I picked one up at a yard sale for ONE Dollar!!!! (Still have not brave enough to give it a try.) LOL

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Carol Dee said:
I picked one up at a yard sale for ONE Dollar!!!! (Still have not brave enough to give it a try.) LOL
Wow! If it does work then you got the best deal for sure!!!

It took me a couple of days to get my nerve up to use it - I'm terrified of fire ever since my ex-hubby almost burned (accidently) down the house!