My Chickens

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes Cane they do come to me looking for attention!!!!! I think it is awesome that they have little "personalities" each one is different. I just came back in from giving them fresh water, and while I was out there my favorite chicken hopped on my back. My daughter Julia thinks its creepy that if I "bawck" at them they will answer me. :lol: I have a few that will "purr" at me too. That's neat. Anytime they see me coming towards the coop they come running.:love

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
my chickens are like happy dogs, they run up to the fence everytime I drive home ! They know I bring treats home for them ! LOL!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
LOL DL... it's kind of cute when they do that. I give my chickens treats in the evenings, they know when they see a bowl or freezer bag they are getting some goodies. :D

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
desertlady said:
dewdropsinwv said:
This is Cinnamon She is an extra friendly chicken!

[url]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd456/Montyjw/2013%20Chickens/DSC00789_zps89d517de.jpg[/url]

Most of the Chickens dont have names...kind of hard to name them when they look the same!!!
[url]http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd456/Montyjw/2013%20Chickens/DSC00790_zpsbb3cffc6.jpg[/url]
wow looking at this picture with chickens on grass! did it last long? My chickens wiped down the grass all the way to the ground!! :(
Yep, the grass is still there. They keep it clipped enough that I don't have to cut it, but it is still there. It is a fairly large run for 12 chickens though. It's 15 x 30 if I remember correctly. And they are well fed...bread, apples, greens, scratch, veggie trimmings, and anything else Dew gets her hands on ;) plus their regular layer feed.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
it gets really cute when one sees you with that bag and will hop up and down trying to snag the bag/bowl out of your hands. i used to have one girl get to the highest point in the coop and would dive bomb me to knock the stuff out of my hands or get to the stuff first.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
have you guys introduced them to meal worms yet? :p my chickens go nuts over them. the feed store sells them freeze dried for wild birds but the chickens love them too.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok I think I have officially gotten the worlds smallest egg today. :gig :gig It was barely bigger than a quarter! But I did get 8 eggs today including the itty bitty one. :weee:weee :clap

Latest posts