My Dad

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Mother smartly got a Trust going, and periodically she'll add a amendment to it. But all 4 of us get it equally even tho my 2 brothers ignore her, and my sister can hardly stand to visit. I'm the eldest and pay the most attention to her. In fact, in July, I'm taking her on a trip from CA to S Dakota to see Mt Rushmore. We're taking the fifth wheel and hitting the road. She's 86.5 and so excited!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That sounds very cool, @murphysranch ! Take lots of pics. :) I saw a news story of a 90-something-year-old lady who decided not to do chemo and took a roadtrip instead. Very precious, she looked like she had a ball. So important at any age to be making good memories and spending T-I-M-E with those we love.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
How did your daughters handle losing their grandfather? When my mother died my nephew Austin was young, at the wake he got very upset and had to be taken home over open casket.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@journey11 you and your whole family have been going though a tremendous loss, just wanted to let you know we think about you everyday.
you and you're family are an part of this family now and for years to come..... will always remember his and your smiling face every time we look at this gift you sent us.
DSC_0012.JPG

he is spouting wings in north carolina as well....:hugs
bless you....

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
How did your daughters handle losing their grandfather? When my mother died my nephew Austin was young, at the wake he got very upset and had to be taken home over open casket.

They've done pretty well with it. They are happy knowing he's in Heaven and they'll see him again. I took them once to see him in hospice while he was still able to speak. I think that helped them understand some of what was going on. They all went to the viewing and funeral, my kids and my sister's girls as well. They took their time up by the casket and asked a lot of questions. They brought their dolls and sat and played while all the people came through. I think it is important not to keep these harder realities of life from them. It helps give them closure too.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
They've done pretty well with it. They are happy knowing he's in Heaven and they'll see him again. I took them once to see him in hospice while he was still able to speak. I think that helped them understand some of what was going on. They all went to the viewing and funeral, my kids and my sister's girls as well. They took their time up by the casket and asked a lot of questions. They brought their dolls and sat and played while all the people came through. I think it is important not to keep these harder realities of life from them. It helps give them closure too.
@journey11 Your instincts have been spot on through all of this. You where wonderful with your Dad and now for the girls. Never doubt yourself. :hugsYou where a wonderful daughter for Dad and a fabulous mommy to those girls. They will grow up to well rounded adults. Good Job :thumbsup

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
@journey11 Your instincts have been spot on through all of this. You where wonderful with your Dad and now for the girls. Never doubt yourself. :hugsYou where a wonderful daughter for Dad and a fabulous mommy to those girls. They will grow up to well rounded adults. Good Job :thumbsup

Thank you, Carol Dee. I appreciate that encouragement. :hugs

Latest posts