My Dad

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know what would be a sharper dose of reality, having your father refuse treatment or having your home nearly catch on fire!

Maybe it helps to know that you have the strength and resilience to talk about these experiences. Maybe it would help to find some counseling close by.

There is no reason to think that you are imagining problems and making life more difficult for yourself, Journey. The mothers of small children shouldn't have to deal with too many (too much) of these extra "interesting" life events.

:hugs Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It takes a lot of inner strength to let your Dad be himself, even as he changes and slowly loses what makes him be who he is. The hospital crew would have forcibly taken him and treated him, good for you for taking him home. You have had a full week, any chance of a bubble bath and glass of wine? ;)

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH was having word finding, confusion, headaches and it was 2 older tumors that had already been treated with radiation. They put him on steroids, which has helped with all the above. He has more energy and eating better. He just started Xalkori and seems to be no side effects yet. He had testing to see if he could do any of the targeted therapies and he has a MET amplification. I know what you are going through with the confusion and word findings problems. DH still drives and I am worried and stair climbing at his job. He still works 2 hours a day for 2 days a week. If I remember right, your dad did not do well with a steroids, right? You need to relax and breathe. I have noticed that I get more tired and stressed when DH is having the brain issues. So glad your house is safe. :hugs

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugsI am going thought the same with my dad. My father has made it very clear he wants to die at home. I can only hope he goes fast, if I find him alive but helpless I don't know if I would have the strength not to call 911. Glad your home and family safe, might be a good time to sit down and go over your home owners insurance.

Latest posts