My Dad

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
He definitely needs the steroid! I keep reminding him how much it helped him before. But he has an irrational fear of physicians and pharmaceuticals. I suppose I'll have to take him to the witch-doctor instead. Your husband sounds like he is getting along pretty well then? I'm sure it means the world to him to be able to work some. My dad keeps mentioning it, but they'd cut his SSDI.

Yes DH is doing pretty good. His birthday today and today not really any trouble talking, mood, memory, about normal. He went to work today and came home in good shape.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Things are going south with my dad pretty quickly. He just flat refuses to take the steroid he needs or go see any more doctors. His brain is short-circuiting and he's running on auto-pilot. My sister is going over with me tomorrow to try talking to him one more time. He will force my hand to have to call in adult protective services as I believe he may be a danger to himself or others if he keeps driving, given how quickly his status has worsened. Prayers needed. :(

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Things are going south with my dad pretty quickly. He just flat refuses to take the steroid he needs or go see any more doctors. His brain is short-circuiting and he's running on auto-pilot. My sister is going over with me tomorrow to try talking to him one more time. He will force my hand to have to call in adult protective services as I believe he may be a danger to himself or others if he keeps driving, given how quickly his status has worsened. Prayers needed. :(

I have been lucky that DH takes his medicine. He has been very good with that. He actually seems to like the steroid because he knows it helps. I hope you get help with your sister and he listens. Praying for you. :hugs

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Prayers sent

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Number one is to get him off the road. This is difficult when they are not of sound mine. I got my Dad to stop driving but his body, not his mind was failing. For me personally I would rather have nature take it's course rather than linger for years in a nursing home.

Latest posts