My favorite container garden

Northernrose

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It was rainy and cold today, but I had to share some pictures of my favorite container combo this year. The rose is Red Cascade- 1976 dark red miniature. The blue is Walker's blue catmint. I can't remember what the phormium is called, but I think it is "Jester".

6630_container_garden.jpg

Northernrose

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thank you!

I was very lucky. We just moved here last fall and the previous owners left behind four of those beautiful pots. :weee

here's another one. I'm not sure I like the pink gaura I used. I think I'll pull that out and transplant it later. I had an extra gaura plant that needed a temporary home.:rolleyes:

6630_container_garden_2.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Both are very pretty! The pots are wonderful too. Can't believe anyone would leave them behind. I know they can be expensive!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What you did a gorgeous job, and those pots are a SUPER deal!!! :drool

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are gorgeous! They look like they are ready for a party. I can't believe someone left those behind. I have several of those big pots and they are expensive and beautiful! :)

Mary

Northernrose

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We were very happy with our purchase of this house from the previous owners. They were so kind and helpful considering they were selling it at a great loss.

They left instruction booklets and info on everything including appliances, diagrams of irrigation lines, drip lines and watering schedules. They even set up the pool safety fence right before they left so we wouldn't have to worry about our two young childen falling in while we were moving in.

We asked for and got the whole house generator and the owner left typed instructions on how to hook it up!

All in all we got the house for about $100,000 less than they paid for it just a few years ago and they landscaped, put in a inground pool with tons of concrete patio space , sidewalks and lots more.

Plus the beautiful pots:D

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sounds like you got a great deal on your place!!! The container plantings are beautiful, but I do agree with you that the first one has more appeal. Very nice!!!