My Fire Escape Garden 2013

sdavie

Leafing Out
Reaction score
HEY GUYS! It's been a while, weather has been sketchy here for the last couple months however my potato, tomato and beans are doing fantastic. My onions have been doing great. Lettuce not so much, but oh well and my cucumber is looking a little worse for wear but he's pulling through. However I do have some big news! My fiance and I just bought a house WITH A BACKYARD so we will be moving in less than a month (Closing is July 24) and so we will be putting in some raised beds in one corner of our yard (it's a small backyard, but it's ours!). I'll update with photos when we have our home inspection on Thursday.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:weee

Yeeehaw!

That is wonderful news! Best of luck at the new adventure!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's Good News! You will have some room to grow.

I have a small backyard.

You'll need a greenhouse . . . and there in Ontario -- a hoop house over a couple of those beds! Then, work out an agreement with one of your new neighbors for a garden in their backyard! Yes. And, why not??

Steve :)

Adam

Sprout
Reaction score
Well I like the idea of this garden because many of people have this kind of places in home but they did not grow any thing because they thing they don't have any place. Good sharing, thanks

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I should have taken a picture of the lush garden my tenant had on an upstair porch. Tomatoes, squash, cukes, strawberries, dill, and more. The past year she didn't grow anything because neighborhood squirrels kept digging in the pots.

Now that DH and I are repairing the porch supports damaged from a TON of wet, dripping soil in huge pots, we may find her gardening again.