My first garden pictures (pic heavy)

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A little over a month ago, I planted my first garden as an adult. I have fond memories of the produce my Mom grew when I was growing up (not so fond memories of all the weeding she made us do though). We moved into our current house about 1.5yrs ago but it required lots of work inside and out to get it to the point where we could even think of a garden. It's not as big or nice as I would like, but I figure every little bit of food we can grow ourselves helps. We have food planted in various places on our property and have plans to put more in when we get a little more work done. Here is our main garden space (where I learned that next time I will plant the melons somewhere else since they take up sooooo much space):

We have watermelon, cataloupe, bush beans, pole beans, jalapenos, and I recently added some cucumber and carrots.
DSCF0006a.jpg

Some beans that I picked this morning:
DSCF0004b-1.jpg

Hurray for jalapenos! Salsa here I come!
DSCF0012a-1.jpg

Some baby watermelon and cantaloupe:
DSCF0013a-1.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

The cucumber I planted about 5 days ago:
DSCF0014-1.jpg

This patch is on one side of our driveway and I have a pumpkin, butternut, and acorn squash (also planted about 5 days ago):
DSCF0016a.jpg

Our tomatoes in a container on our front porch:
DSCF0019-2.jpg

I just planted some corn on either side of our front walkway:
DSCF0017a.jpg

DSCF0018-1.jpg

We also have a few trees, our plum only has two on it, our nectarine has none, but our apple has almost forty. They were all bare-root trees we planted about 6 months ago.

So far I am happy with what we have going. I want to add some berry bushes and I can't wait until I can plant some of the things that don't do as well here in the summer (Peas, lettuce, that sort of thing). I'm just thrilled that I am finally able to have a garden and looking forward to learning how to do a better job at it.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
how beautiful it all is! thank you so much for sharing!!!

I am jealous of the size of everyone's stuff I think I need to be more patient with myself

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow... talk about using all available space! I love it!!! You should be so proud, and I hope you share photos of the corn on the walk when its full grown... that is going to look so freakin' cool!!!!!!!!

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love the corn patch out front, I saw someone around here do that once, it was fun to watch it grow each time I went by - and then watching the kids harvesting the ears, I imagined them running inside to taste their own corn :love

2dream

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I am jealous of those green beans. Mine are not doing anything this year.

Great pics and great use of space.

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I am anxious for my first attempt at gardening to be a success and so far I am pretty happy with it. I am going to be completely overrun with beans I think. That batch in the picture is the third bunch I have picked so far from my bush beans and my pole beans are just now starting to produce. I hope the corn works out where it is. If not, I will just find something else to put there next time.

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
YEAH!! i dont think i could have to many green beans!
looks great, thanks for sharing .. i love seeing of other peoples gardens