My first nibble from my garden

desertgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Today I had a radishout of my SFG that I planted from seed . I've never grown anything from seed before, just tomato seedlings.

Best freaking radish I've ever had!!!!!!!!:celebrate

I can't wait until I can eat something I've grown every day.

blue skys

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
:weee

YIPEE!!! That's great! Gotta love the taste of the veggies you put your heart and soul into nurishing and growing!!!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:ya Yep nothing like something you just picked in the garden, cant get better than that.
Then when you taste it, its far superior than anything sold in the stores.
I bet you enjoyed the radish, i'm sure they''ll be more to taste in the garden.
Today in the garden i picked some arugula boy was it good, i've had argula from the stores before but i dont think i ever want to go back. The arugula in my garden had a nice intense flavor to it, i enjoyed it :)

Empera

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm jealous ;)

But I can't wait for my radishes. They will be the first thing I've ever grown in my life, and I will be so proud!

desertgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm going to suggest them to all who are just dabbling in the gardening thing. They sprout fast, grow quickly, and you can eat them in no time. The perfect vegetable to get folks hooked!:lol:

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Go ahead and plant a few more. I try to start radishes every two weeks or so in small beds so I always have some to eat. I've finished one bed of red radishes, started eating on another, and a third is just coming up. My first bed of icycle radishes will be ready in another three or four days.

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
desertgirl that so exciting .. i also planted some radish, i need to go look at my seed package, maybe they are ready now? 2 weeks is so fast! so if you pick all of them now, you could reseed because they are so fast .. radish plants make me think i could do this .. haha ..

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I seriously get goosebumps for a first bite out of the garden!! (but since it is pretty cold here when that happens that could be part of it!)

good for you congratulations!!!! you will always remember that radish you know!

YAY!!!

Latest posts