My mid-season attempt (pics)

ShowMe31

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
So after losing my tomatoes to what seems to be terrible soil conditions I decided to do a mid season (July) replant when I found plants for a quarter each. My goodness they are looking good, hopefully we get some 'maters before the frost gets them.

garden2010001.jpg

When the kids inhaled about half of the pickles I made I figured I would have time for another round. So hubby put in another box, filled 'er up and I planted away. They are going great, as you can see.

garden2010003.jpg

The deer found the corn so I had corn no more. :hit In went another box, more dirt and compost and planted away that baby. I have several stalks in there with a couple of tassels. I'm excited, we love corn in this house.

garden2010002.jpg

We still have to mulch in around some of the beds. We are hoping to get a couple more built this weekend. I have some of the wood brought up from the woodpile to get the herb beds built and maybe a quick run to Lowes so we can finish up my new garden/greenhouse area.

Raiquee

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Nice! I had some "late" toms...(they volunteered, about 15 of em!) and so I am also hoping I will get toms before the frost gets em! I am also in zone 5! ;)

ShowMe31

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Good luck on your volunteers! I'm a person that truely believes you can never have too many tomatoes.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Looks great!, hopefully their will be enough time to allow them to produce for you. Good Luck :thumbsup

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sprawling works fine if you have enough mulch under cukes but if the fruit ever touches bare ground there are hungry terrestrial insects just waiting for a chance to bore into them.

ShowMe31

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
These cukes will sprawl, I have plenty of the mulch to extend the area if I need to. It was free from the tree trimmers clearing the power lines.

Lots of flowers on the toms, but yet to see a small 'mater on there. I do have a portable greenhouse that I can always set up over the area if I need too. I'm bound and determined to get some fresh 'maters outta one of my gardens. If not, this will be the first time in 15 years we haven't had out tradtional BLT's. :hit

Latest posts