My Mystery Plant - I could use some help here

Alexis

Sprout
Reaction score
Any idea what this plant could be?
It was in with my tomato starts (that I started from seed), and it LOOKED like a tomato start, so I planted it as a tomato. But, it quickly appeared to be something else. It is now four feet tall (taller than the neighboring cherry tomato) and has not bloomed or shown any signs of anything but leaves so far.
5118_808mysterplantfull.jpg

And a closer picture of the leaves.

5118_808mysteryplant.jpg

I'm just getting REEEEALLY tired of my husband telling the kids that it's Mommy's pot plant. They ARE going back to school this week and I don't want their teachers getting the wrong idea about what we "garden" :lol:

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm just getting REEEEALLY tired of my husband telling the kids that it's Mommy's pot plant.
:lol: :lol:

That is what I was going to say it looks like, but the leaves aren't completely the same.

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Apparently there are different species of cannabis...I didn't know that. I have been looking up pics of different hybrids of plants. (And mostly got "ordering" websites :rolleyes: )but did find some pics that are devoted to plant identification. It could still be a form of it. Have you smelled it to see if it has a detectable smell?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whatever it is, its big enough to suck some of the moisture in the soil away from your tomatoes! I say....weed! And I would pull it! :)

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I agree with Bekissed. I don't think it's anything that would benefit you or your garden. Yank it out!!

Latest posts