My new lettuce gutters!

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
After reading the thread about creative ways to grow lettuce, my fantastic husband went out and got it done without me having to even ask! Here are some pictures of the process and finished product.

We have been looking for something to do with one of the front walls of our house for a few years now. This seemed the perfect project for that space.

DSCN2922.jpg

Dave went to the hardware store and got wood for the vertical posts and the horizontal pieces to which the gutters would be attached. He painted them all to match the trim on the house. The vertical posts are glued the to the house and he put brackets at the top and bottom to make sure they will stay upright.

DSCN2939.jpg

DSCN2940.jpg

We had planned on five rows, but we liked the spacing of 16in in between rows and the topmost row would have had complete shade from the roofline. We put the top piece of wood on to keep the look we wanted but didn't put a gutter on that one.

DSCN2949.jpg

DSCN2950.jpg

We are really happy with the finished look and I am thrilled to have the extra growing space!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very cool! :thumbsup

Looks like he did a very professional job of it too. I think it will add a neat decorative element to your house, especially once it's green and growing. I like it a lot!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh that looks so fabulous on your house!!! Fills in dead space, completely eye appealing and totally functional!

I so LOVE this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh I love it! that looks really nice, I can't wait to see it when it's all green and leafy!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You had the perfect spot for that idea!! Just perfect! Looking forward to seeing it with some green- but I have to say it looks good empty! Great use of your space. Keep us posted.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It adds so much architectural interest to the house. The house looked kind of plain before but now it added some wow factor to it. It already looks so good. Imagine when it gets some green on it. Remember to post pictures.

Mary

Latest posts