My new lettuce gutters!

gettinaclue

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
That is so neat!!! I have never heard of this.

Please do post pictures as things progress!!

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey, it should be just about salad time by now. Any pictures yet?

Hubby and I loved this idea so much that we attached a gutter to a couple of posts that hold up our second story deck. Now we're wondering if radishes, spinach, herbs and such would like it in the gutter-garden.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have been dying for an update too!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I vote for drilling drain holes. Sure is beautiful!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you noticed how many of the people who responded on this thread are no longer posting? Guess they moved on............

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, and it wasn't really all that long ago . . .

This was one of the very few threads that I "subscribed" to. You know, TEG sends me an email when someone posts something. I guess I was afraid that we would have an update during the summer when I'm busy and I'd miss it. I was very interested in how those gutters would work for growing salad crops . . .

I just unsubscribed -- it is time to "move on" in that way. If I want to know about this technique I'll just have to do it myself! Maybe a "retirement" project but anyway . . . 2013 is just a few hours away!!!

Steve

DigginWithJon

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hmm, I have a fence around my house, I can attach 3 levels of gutters on it! I don't see why this wouldn't work. The best part of this idea, is that the rabbits wont be able to eat the lettuce before I do! Now only to find a way to set this up with drip irrigation. Just sow in some lettuce seeds and I would be good to go! :D

Latest posts