Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well 4 of them to be exact! :D

8199_piglets_1.jpg

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Too cool! You planning on putting all 4 of those in your freezer? I hope you bought a 2nd freezer!!!! :lol:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You can bring them over here and work their little booties out in my yard if they need more digging space!!!! :lol:

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are so lucky! I am jealous!! Please keep us posted on their growth and how you are doing with them. I am very much interested in this!

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm with Lesa PLEASE keep us posted. From what I've read pigs are pound for pound the best investment for dollars to feed vs lbs of edible meat.

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Brings back memories!! When I was growing up we always spent Thanksgiving Day killing hogs! Our meal was fresh tenderloin! We made lard, sausage, and the whole 9 yards. My parents smoked the hams and shoulders a few weeks later and salt cured the bacon, sides, etc.. Nothing any better eating!! It was a hard days work but well worth it over the next several months of eating. We usually killed two at a time. I don't think TN is cold enough on Thanksgiving anymore to do that. It had to be cold enough that flies and insects didn't lay eggs on the meat and cause it to spoil when put into the smoke house to cure.