My new tools

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Over the years since I retired, I've "lost" almost all my tools. DS used them -- loving them to death, DH put them away, never to be seen again, they are at DS's house, or DS uses them all the time. I know a lot of tools are buried under sawdust in the corners of the workshop.

Yesterday, at the feed/department/hardware store where I took DH for a walk-about, I heard these calling my name and couldn't resist. I have this project to enlarge the coop. Without DH to help, I figure all I needed was the right tools and I could do it myself.
Tools - new.JPG

Aren't they beautiful? I figure I will also need a saber saw. Will get one soon along with another battery. These are a slightly smaller version of the tools the guys use and better suited to weak little me.

I did have most of these when I was working with HFH, but good tools seem to disappear and, anyway, I like new and smaller for myself.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh! You're going to love those tools. Don't let the small size fool you, they're great. For many years I used a big 18 volt DeWalt drill. It worked very well for most of my jobs. After about ten years I decided to purchase a small Rigid 12 volt drill for my smaller jobs and to keep in the house. Nowadays I catch myself using the little drill for everything and the big old monster sits under the workbench while the small drill handles almost every chore with ease.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, those are some serious tools! Glad they make small ones for women. Much easier to use. I occasionally help my husband with a project and the grip on his tools are too big for me. Makes them harder to use. Looks like you are all ready for coop building!

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks good, @Smart Red !

I could use some decent tools.

What is the smallest one, on the right?

Steve
That is a flashlight. Not something I would have purchased, but there were four items in one set. I added the skill saw at the same time. I suppose there are times a well-powered flashlight with an adjustable head is useful.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh! You're going to love those tools. Don't let the small size fool you, they're great. For many years I used a big 18 volt DeWalt drill. It worked very well for most of my jobs. After about ten years I decided to purchase a small Rigid 12 volt drill for my smaller jobs and to keep in the house. Nowadays I catch myself using the little drill for everything and the big old monster sits under the workbench while the small drill handles almost every chore with ease.
I had an 18 volt DeWalt drill when I was building for Habitat for Humanity. That's one tool that DS loved and used to death. When building something he'd often have to switch his one drill from drill to driver. Having my drill meant he didn't have to switch and he saved a lot of time.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice tools! I have seen tool boxes and tool kits in pink, for women, but that is carrying it a bit too far, IMO. Just a smaller size is great. Of course, if the tool was pink, probably none of the guys would accidentally carry it off.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice tools! I have seen tool boxes and tool kits in pink, for women, but that is carrying it a bit too far, IMO. Just a smaller size is great. Of course, if the tool was pink, probably none of the guys would accidentally carry it off.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score

Latest posts