My Pathetic Brussel Sprouts

LisaJean

Leafing Out
Reaction score
This is what you get when you plant Brussel Sprouts in unfertile, dry soil. This is the harvest from nine plants.

NINE PLANTS.
l_61128bbd0406a533e1021a1b2e0022e5.jpg

Those big sprouts are the clumps that were at the top of each stalk. The actual sprouts are all the size of that itty bitty one right on top in the middle of the picture.

southern28chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I didn't realize those itty bitty yummy things came in such a huge package.

LisaJean

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Oh yeah, the plant is supposed to grow rather tall, and the sprouts bud off the central stem. But I didn't take very good care of my plants, so I got peewee sprouts. :lol:

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the sprouts from brussel, but as you can see my daughter is (her own personally invented "Brussel Sprouts Sandwich"

2_brussel-sprout-sandwich.jpg

Reaction score
That's a cute picture...
It's funny the looks I get when I tell them my kids love brussel sprouts and actually want to have them.
I love them also...
The girls will actually go for 2nds or 3rds when we have them. I believe they are the only kids I know who like them. Let alone don't throw a fit when it's time to eat them...(now lima beans....they don't and won't eat..)

Shawna

Robinegg

Leafing Out
Reaction score
What a sweet picture. not many kids will eat brussel sprouts.
I just bought a few plants, I've never raised them, mom used too, but I love them and knowing that homegrown are so much better than store bought.

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Nifty, that's either a trick photo or a genetically engineered child-like being. It's a law of nature that children do NOT eat cabbage and yucky green things, which in Brussels sprouts, are one and the same.

cockadoodlemom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Niffty~she is so cute! I am the only one who eats them here so this is the first time I planted my own. Hope they turn out ok.

whatnow?

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
When I first saw the picture, my perspective was all out of whack... I thought the sprouts were in a giant mixing bowl and they were the same size as head of iceburg lettuce. 40 lbs of sprouts from 9 plants was looking good!

BTW, even my "good eater" grew out of brussel sprouts. I think I'm the only one that likes them, now.

Latest posts