My pile of future kindling and tinder

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I took this photo yesterday. It's already getting smaller. So far I filled 2 boxes of this sliced into tinder using my hammer/hatchet. I really scored on this super dry redwood when one of our campers was removing a deck. This kind of wood is totally perfect for tinder and kindling.

Real soon I'll be going to get some Manzanita deadwood. Concentrated wood! Small fire, big hot.

9018_100_4194.jpg

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ya know Cane, I'd been noticing that too about some of my prettiest photos. I'm going to start composing them more to make good puzzles.

When I was caring for my mother during the last 7 months of her life, she was still up and around during that time, she lived in senior apartments, and I did a good number of puzzles in the lounge there during that time. Those things are made from well composed scenes, be them paintings or photos.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, as long as it is blowing 35+mph :/, I'm not going out to get any more dahlia roots out of the ground! There's potato soup in the fridge that I made yesterday . . . and I've gotta get busy with making more spaghetti sauce from ripening tomatoes - very soon!

In the meantime, I copied your picture url, clicked "Select image source: url" and pasted it on this site (link). Honestly, there were only a couple that I had to move 3 times ;).

If you would like to give Christmas puzzles as gifts this year, some of the online photo galleries have puzzle making services. Snapfish does that (link). You can click "view all products" under "you might also like" to find puzzles of other sizes.

Steve :)

edited to substitute jigsawplanet.com

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Imma gonna back and edit my post!!

That puzz-it game worked fine until I went to 36 pieces. Then! I got a puzzle piece stuck & couldn't finish the puzzle!!

So, I played a jigsaw planet game with an uploaded picture & 35 pieces and everything went fine. You see, I am not a person to play online games so, after I edit the above link by substituting jigsaw planet . . . just ignore me :/.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice kindling there Marshall! Don't you just love it when you can put somebody's discards to a good use?
I get almost as excited about wood deals as I do about manure! :p

We got all of our wood stacked and under cover right before this storm blew in. This year we're burning some pine from our trees that we thinned, and purchased red fir that was harvested from standing dead trees.

At our former home we had access to oak, then a bit later we scored several years worth of eucalyptus that my BIL cleared from a lot.
But as newly marrieds we lived in a bitty cabin and burned manzanita that we collected off the mountain that had died in the big '68 fire in So Cal. Man! Nothing burns hotter than manzanita!

In some of our leaner years we have also been known to scrounge pallets that we cut up for firewood. A lot of pallets are made of oak.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I let myself get too busy to be online much today. Sorry about that. Wanted to go get that Manzanita today, but ended up going to town. Got an appointment set for my car to get a new muffler and tailpipe, and thermostat. That unit requires loosening the distributor to remove, which means resetting the timing... plus they'll check the solenoid's problem. they put that in last year. It has almost a third of a million miles on it! an 81 ford 4 door fairmont that thinks she's an f150, and always gets me home.

Latest posts