My Pomegranate Tree Is Missing

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was very excited my pomegranate tree was getting ready to flower. I checked on it almost every day. Because I need to bring inside for winter it was in a antique matt green pot $$$. I just went to check on it and its gone. I asked everyone if someone moved it, no one knows a thing. Have you ever had some thing stolen from your garden? Things stolen from old cemetery where a problem for a time they where sold as garden ornaments mostly angels and obelisk .

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well S***T Some people just need a swift kick in the pants (or more sensitive places!) Sorry. Be sure to report the theft. The pot alone is worth something.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I second @Carol Dee's sentiments. Sorry to say this happened to me more than once. Someone even came and cut all my hydrangea blooms off the shrub out front when we weren't home one fall day. I guess whoever, wanted them for a wreath. I purposely leave them on throughout the winter to protect the growing tips to insure flowers the next year. You guessed it, we had a bad winter and no flowers the next year:(.
I have had plants stolen and even dug up in my back yard. A 6 ft. fence and a beware of dog sign seem to be helping now, but not foolproof.

One thing that might work is a motion detector alarm stuck on likely containers. When we went out we left our Dobie in the house, never failed, she'd root around in the kitchen waste container if we forgot to move it, sooo, we stuck an alarm on it.
When we came home it was tipped over in the kitchen, the flip top lid was found in the living room, I guess she had that hanging around her neck when she took off. Needless to say she gave it a wide berth from then on in.
Annette

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Once in another city, I had a pot with flowers stolen. Here in Alameda, I had the "little boy" statute part of a fountain stolen. That thing was heavy. I have heavy cement pots in the front sitting area and cushions on the bench but so far they are safe. I do have my bench chained down though.

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane question what kind of person steal from a cemetery. My Ex owned a antique mall, dealers would rent space. One day a dealer had a marble lamb, I just knew it came from a childs grave. He made the dealer remove it, dealer didn't put up fight about it ,sure he thought the same.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
The fact that someone would take it is bad enough. But the thought of them being able to admire it in their own garden, proudly show it to friends - knowing how and where they got it is just heartbreaking. I am so sad lately about the general state of humanity. :hit
Maybe time for another media break...

Latest posts