Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you saw this in a garden would you think robbed from a grave
upload_2018-8-7_8-20-16.png

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was very excited my pomegranate tree was getting ready to flower. I checked on it almost every day. Because I need to bring inside for winter it was in a antique matt green pot $$$. I just went to check on it and its gone. I asked everyone if someone moved it, no one knows a thing. Have you ever had some thing stolen from your garden? Things stolen from old cemetery where a problem for a time they where sold as garden ornaments mostly angels and obelisk .
A man that bought daylilies from me had a 10,000 red maple dug from his garden when he and his wife were away for a long vacation. He figured his gardener did it and resold it.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had inherited 7 0r 8 old cement gnomes. They where not my style but belong to a uncle. I placed them in hosta bed under a crabapple near the rode. Someone stole them but kicker was they left 1 made out of plastic, they only wanted the old cement ones.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane question what kind of person steal from a cemetery. My Ex owned a antique mall, dealers would rent space. One day a dealer had a marble lamb, I just knew it came from a childs grave. He made the dealer remove it, dealer didn't put up fight about it ,sure he thought the same.

Thank you for that. Who ever stole them was unspeakably cruel.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Every spring around Spokane area the news starts reporting all the lawn/garden ornaments being stolen around the area. It is for sure crackies and meth/heroin zombies trying to sell for drugs.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss @Nyboy. Theft is maddening, from gardens or graveyards, where it's sadly all too common. Some lowlife POS stole the metal cross of my dad's grave, which was all we could afford to put on there as a marker at the time. They probably took it to sell for scrap metal. I sincerely hope they reserve a special place for those in the afterlife and will leave it at that.

Michael Lusk

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm sorry this happened, sadly it happens around me too frequently. Earlier this summer, someone actually stole a rosemary bush from an herb bed I have along the alley behind my house. It's a plant I'd had for many years...I would dig it up every fall and bring it inside then plant it again in the spring. I was pretty steamed.

In my neighborhood we have a social media platform where people often post security footage of package thieves and the lot, but I don't have cameras. To cheer myself I drew a 're-creation' of the event and posted it. It was popular, way more so than my community garden posts. This sort of shows my opinion of and hope for the people who steal plants.

82e652239da89ae9c457d75eb9ef2ec5.jpg.max800.jpg

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My father had a brother killed in the war, my grandmother took it very hard. Years later my father also a vet who was in active fighting wanted to honor the mothers who lost sons in the war. In middle of city park was a war memorial he wanted a plank honoring mothers. It took him 7 years of going to every city meeting. The city made up a bronze plack and had a hanging which local news covered. My dad so happy . 3 days later it was stolen park is home to a lot of drug addicts. My dad was crushed I offered to replace with one made out of wood or acrylic but he said no

Latest posts