My poor horse

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, do you have any plans to get another horse? You know a horse by itself is lonely...... as an enabler, how am I doing?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, do you have any plans to get another horse? You know a horse by itself is lonely...... as an enabler, how am I doing?
Well I have wanted a 3rd horse for a long time. Actually my kids say I would be a horse hoarder if it were not for my husband's voice of reason. My dream horse is a black and white pinto. But, what I plan to look for is a large pony that I can ride to keep exercised but, one that my grandsons can ride. They had all been on Stevie being lead by me. So far I have not been actively looking.I always look for an older animal. I am too old for any more joy rides. A horse that has done trail rides would be perfect. I have always had horses with good health. Yea, Rascal need a new friend. He was in the barn once since she died during the near hurricane. It took a lot of coaxing but he was fine after a few false starts. I worry more about time in the barn alone than the field.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, I have a friend that stands 6'2" that has 5 kids and they live on a 10 acre ranch and have 2 well broke and trail wise ponies for the kids that ride them daily each spring, summer, and fall. BUT... he has to break these 2 ponies to the saddle EVERY spring after having Jan. and Feb. off because the the kids are in school, it's rainy season so the fields , trails and arena are too wet . He has kissed the earth often and sore back on his rodeo events for 2 weeks each year before the ponies are once again broke to ride. When we purchased our 1st acre on the edge of town, the seller left 3 ponies on the land. We had 3 little kids so we thaught that the ponies would be great. Long story short, we ended up donating them to the University for research as those @#%^&* ponies were hell bent to NOT be broke to ride. Much better to get a short horse such as a 14.3h Arabian gelding.:old

Latest posts