My poor Maizy

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well she had x-rays taken and it showed nothing wrong with her bones but some of her organs are swollen. The vet thinks that those organs are swollen because of the medication she is on from the anaplasmosis since that is a side effect. The only other option is a muscle tear. So now she is on antiinlfammatory medication, antibiotics, pain medication, ear medication, and bed rest. Her vet bill is up to $378 now from the past 2 weeks but I don't care, it could be worse. The next two weeks will be interesting- I will have to try to keep her calm while I get an order of 30 chicks :rolleyes:

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
She feels a little better today- probably because of the pain meds. Maizy took my boyfriend's place in bed last night because she refused to leave my side and I refused to leave her's. It was probably my worst nights sleep EVER because I kept waking up and checking on her. If I have kids someday, I will be the most over protective mother ever :lol:

1iora

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Poor doggy! She's having such a rough time. You're right about the bet bill, it could totally be worse - I had to leave my dog in the vet's overnight and just that one trip cost $500... someone I know took their dog to emergency care in the city and it cost $2000. We're lucky Maizy can be treated with pills :) Hope the other tests were ok!

Latest posts