My Reaction to Rain (Updated)!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now that the rain (& snow) has stopped and the sun came out this afternoon!

But, there's another storm ablowin' in! Happy April Fools Day!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZYhVpdXbQ[/youtube]

thgenekellybg6.gif
digitS'

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha! That's too funny Steve! But I was having the same reactions when the blizzard hit here at about 9 a.m.

AAAAACCKKKK!!!!

I guess it's sort of fitting for April 1.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Heh, how strong were your wind gusts? Today was the day to finish the greenhouse, as in: putting up 12 x 28 ft sections of plastic with wind and storms and hail. Exciting! I have a time lapse video of part of it, its pretty funny! Unfortunately the camera battery died right when it was getting to the good part - the very end where i discovered that we didn't plan ahead far enough, and we were 1 foot (1FOOT!) short, RIGHT after i had finished CUTTING OFF an extra foot from the previous piece we had just finished installing!!! I hope the neighborhood kids were out of earshot right about then... We made it work, the whole greenhouse structure is cobbled together with leftovers and salvage materials. I'll add a link to the video when i get it on Youtube.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
That sounds like some of my & DH's projects. At least you maintained your sense of humor. (??)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wind gusts above 35mph on an hourly basis. I feel quite confident that they went above 40 and will be recorded as such! No! It would have been an absolutely terrible day to be dragging a sheet of plastic around :/!

I could see the trunk of the tree moving outside my south window . . . thinking about thoroughly saturated ground. . . Moved away to another part of the house, just to spend a little time in thought, you know :rolleyes:.

Doggoneit Heather, I put the tunnel together like that one year. I did a big overlap thing and stitched it together! Couldn't bring myself to pull it all off, toss it, just because I was about 2 feet short :p. I was happy to pull it all off a little early that summer, tho'. . .

Steve

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hehehehe.... it was nice and sunny here. LOVED IT!

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Believe it or not we are having dry weather after one of the wettest winters ever! I hope this is not a sign of a summer drought! I have watered my raised beds twice already. The rain goes around us sometimes, funny, be raining south and north (within a mile or two) of us but miss us. Makes me wonder if Dale Hollow Lake has something to do with that since we are within a few thousand feet of the lake.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember from reading Jack London as a kid . . . would that be okay as authoritative . . ;)?

Anyway, while they are crossing the Alaskan wilds the wise backwoodsman says that the sky will mirror the land, at times. The clouds will collect in the higher country - that of course, makes sense. But, the large patches of clear sky will most often show up over the valleys.

This way, people who might be able see for miles across the the wilderness but not know where a river valley or lake was - could identify its location by the blue sky above it.

Steve

Latest posts