My recycled Green House

call ducks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
With the help of my dad & my grandfather we built this to years ago. 99% recycled with 2 2x4's being sawed by one of gramp's friends. We got the rest of the lumber from a hardware's store scrap pile. It took us about 12 hours or so. We got the windows from another Family friend (grandfather has lot's of friends :D ) the tin came off of one of gramps old barns that he took down. The pictures are ones i just took to day. What do you think? (and that's to day's picture we are getting more snow now... had the day off school)

6717_greenhousepic1.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, I see it now!! Looks fabulous- except for the snow!! What did you grow in there? Did you use it just for starts, or did you actually grow things all summer??? Starting to use mine this year- so I would love to hear your experiences....

call ducks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
lesa said:
Okay, I see it now!! Looks fabulous- except for the snow!! What did you grow in there? Did you use it just for starts, or did you actually grow things all summer??? Starting to use mine this year- so I would love to hear your experiences....
I started in side then when the weather warms up (around may) i take them out there, then around june we plant them out side :D

call ducks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
RickF said:
Is it safe to assume you're on the east half of Canada? Just curious! Looks mighty cold!
Yup, not to bad to day though. It got down to -30c here this week

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks nice and sturdy. Be sure to come back with more pics as your seedlings get underway. :D

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Very nice way to recycle Call Ducks!! It is nice indeed your gramps has lots of friends..What are the dimensions of GH? It looks like it has some good height to it!
I would love to see more pics also when the snow is gone!

Thanks for the pics..

Latest posts