Mystery Vine! What is it?

5azsisters

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Looks like a miniature morning glory. It's growing along our road and is really pretty.
The flower is only about an inch big.
I would like to transplant some of it up into the yard along the fence. When and how is the best way to do this?
Jacie

flower1.jpg

flower2.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure its a morning glory. I bet its just smaller because its wild.

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
wild morning glories-the farmers hate them here-they grow along the corn fields in pink too.

toots

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Busy week! And I have been reading but not logging on. I am a newby to the Forum and also the computer! Heck-just got good on the cell!! I'm from the olden days--no--ah--from--" in the day" when there weren't so
many choices! Anyway----- The Morning glory is illegal in Arizona ,Cassandra. I was so surprised to see your pic of it and the fact that it was blue!!! I have seen some seed sold in stores the last couple of years in the Phoenix area. Many of my youthful days were spent hoeing it from the cotton fields!!!!!!!!!! What happened to my spacing? :(

toots

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Az sisters, I apologize and likewise to Cassandra. I was reading one post and writing to another--- bad, bad Toots!!!! I really am sorry. I will do better. It was nice to see a few more posts from Az. I live in Gilbert. It is
right in the middle of the city these days. Phoenix has sprawled to us and even farther!

5azsisters

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
toots said:
Busy week! And I have been reading but not logging on. I am a newby to the Forum and also the computer! Heck-just got good on the cell!! I'm from the olden days--no--ah--from--" in the day" when there weren't so
many choices! Anyway----- The Morning glory is illegal in Arizona ,Cassandra. I was so surprised to see your pic of it and the fact that it was blue!!! I have seen some seed sold in stores the last couple of years in the Phoenix area. Many of my youthful days were spent hoeing it from the cotton fields!!!!!!!!!! What happened to my spacing? :(

It's illegal!?? I've never heard of that? But I've only been in AZ for 25 years. So I assume you are supposed to get rid of it? I wanted it along my fence.
I know Tanzie (sp!) is illegal in WA State but that's because it deadly to livestock. What is the deal with morning glory?
Jacie

toots

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Sorry to take such a long time to get back!!!. The Morning glory climbs all over the cotton crops. The tendrils will grow right into the cotton bolls.
Maybe now that we aren't really urban any longer, the sale of the seed isn't such a problem. I have seen it for sale at some of the stores. I still can't get it mailed to me from a mail order tho. :barnie

Latest posts