Nag, nag, nag...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought it would be timely to remind everybody about how the Pic of the Week (POW) works.
I sort of defaulted into the position of caretaker of the thread this year and I intend to make the Pic of the Week an actual Pic of the Week.

I want to change the POW on the home page every Saturday, so to do this it would be really helpful to have some fresh pictures to choose from. I won't be going back into the thread pages from before we got the new format, mostly because I don't know for sure which of those were used, but also a lot of the members who submitted those haven't visited for a long time.

I would like the POW to represent us and what we are all currently doing NOW. (Hey, I made a rhyme!)

So, in a nutshell;
Only pictures that are submitted on the POW thread
will be used,
current, seasonal pictures are appreciated,( I won't be showing icicles in August, in other words :) ) eta->( unless you actually HAVE icicles in August!)
we can't show people pictures in the POW,
and, please don't think that your picture has to be on a par with Ansel Adams to submit it to the POW thread.

The point is just to highlight what we are doing, or going through seasonally, and different regions will be experiencing different growing (or non-growing )
conditions at different times.

This is a fun thing for all of us ( hopefully), so don't hold back, flood that thread with pictures. Please.

Last edited:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have so many pics on my camera, but we maxxed out the disk space on my computer and I haven't been able to download any for awhile. :p DH is working on it though!

ETA: I'm glad you volunteered! It is nice to see it updated and seasonal. Thanks!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, so my pic of the tomato almost ready to pick in my tiny PVC plastic wrapped redneck greenhouse would not be seasonal?? (probably more likely to start a riot) :lol:

Go ahead, post pics of the ice and snow.......:tongue

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, so my pic of the tomato almost ready to pick in my tiny PVC plastic wrapped redneck greenhouse would not be seasonal?? (probably more likely to start a riot) :lol:

Go ahead, post pics of the ice and snow.......:tongue

(You may want to go back and read the second to last paragraph Bay!)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is a picture of a vine ripening almost-ready-to-pick tomato in January, tucked in, nice and warn in my PVC plastic wrapped redneck greenhouse. See the little heater? I plug it in when temps dip below 30 degrees. It is so cozy in there, that there are several orange assassin bugs on patrol just in case any aphids, spider mites or other bad guys decided to vacation in the greenhouse! :lol:

tomato-january-jpg.456

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
mmm, thinking of firing up my old buggy laptop and doing some more photos with it.

Maybe of the north half of Lake Pillsbury...all dry? Looks like Mars out there right now. In fact, is that the Curiosity Rover I'm seeing?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
YEAH Thistlebloom, so glad you got us moving here. I love seeing every ones pics. Ohhh Baymule's tomato is going to taste sooo good in January :drool

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol Dee, I would love to have a REAL greenhouse.....oh the vegetables I could grow! I will have to be happy with my lil' ol' redneck greenhouse!

Latest posts