Nagging Marshall

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lack of attention by the government on dental care has been a real sore point for me for several years. I had clients who would have been pretty healthy if they could have gotten away from the constant pain, and inability to eat, due to bad teeth. If you get an abscessed tooth, you go to the ER, and rack up a big bill (if you are lucky enough to have Medicaid) when it would have cost 1/20th of that in a dental office. People who have had good teeth and access to a dentist all their life have no idea how bad a tooth can hurt. Medicaid in MO will pay for an adult to have "A" tooth pulled, but not saved. So soon, the patient is toothless if their teeth are in bad shape. Then they can't afford to get dentures.
Yes, I know, some dental problems can be avoided if you have good dental hygiene, but I had clients who didn't even own a toothbrush, but they could afford a coke several times a day. That's an issue with education that should have taken place when they were little kids.

Oh, OK.......I'll stop now. (climbs off the soap box) :rolleyes:..........Next?

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, next time you could try and take a recorder to get some of those stories. maybe if you ask them if it would be ok you could publish a few as a notebook and reminder for future war moments that need to be remembered what it is all like to witness good or bad moments of war. i understand there won't be too many good moments other than the other soldiers that became friends and had decent times together before they were taken away. it really needs to be a big reminder to the politicians that think the USA needs to be the world police for everyone else. to remember the toll it takes on those that have fought those wars while politicians sit in the comforts of their multi-million dollar homes and decide to spend tax payers' dollars on programs that aren't necessary or productive.

Latest posts