Nakia Creek Fire

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds too, too close to your neck of the woods but we all are Sharing the Air.

A NE breeze has been so common this year but it's mostly a circular affair. So, air movement is S, W then from the N as it travels around this big Columbia Basin. At the moment, air quality here is Moderate but very close to Unhealthy for Some.

I was a little surprised when the Weather Service was again trying to predict smoke, yesterday morning. Then, we had some errands to run travelled off where the horizon was broader and it was easier to see the surrounding mountains. Yeah Right ... 🙄 Mountain Snow coming soon, we are told.

The weekend rain and snow will 🤞 help 🤞.

Steve

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lets just say we almost cancelled our trip down to San Jose two days ago. Our home was put on Level 1 evac and we were already in Redding when that happened. By my measurements, on the dang cell phone in our truck on I5, we were 8 miles from the epicenter of the burn. But we continued heading south, knowing that if things got worse, we could take turns driving the 12 hours home.

The fire has spread but the levels of evac receded. Evidently, there is unhealthy air there today. We are expecting some rain on Friday, so that will help to clear the air and give the firefighters a break. We come back next week.

Latest posts