Naps.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There's knapweed. There's knotweed.

Like a two year old, I resist naps. Tears?! No, those come while I'm trying to get out of bed in the morning . . .

Naps. Sometimes I can feel myself falling asleep as I sit down in the Lazy boy. I try not to sit in that chair too much. The bed is beyond the pale. Couch is beyond the possible.

It is kind of like I feel the day has been made 2 days. Like burning the candle of life from both ends. Or, have I got that backwards?

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
The kick from the coffee wears off around 2 in the afternoon. Depending on the day it is avoid temptation to fall asleep, or have more coffee, or allow sleep for a siesta...

i have more household chores today...sounds like a good day for a 2 pm siesta!

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i'm with marshall. I like naps, especially around 2p.m. they don't last long, usually about 30 minutes - but it feels good. it's the lay down on the bed, turn the air conditioner to COLD, cover up w/a cozy blanket kinda nap.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Read where Winston Churchill never slept during WWII but took 15 minute naps whenever he felt tired. 15 minutes doesn't allow you to get to deep sleep (where once there, need to stay till body says ok) but gives brain time to re-Load. Or at least that's my story for 15 minute naps when I can.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wish I could, but I can't make myself take a nap when the sun is shining unless I am at death's door. More parochial quilt, I suppose. Today is dark and rainy, perfect for a Sunday afternoon nap. We worked cleaning out in the garden shed most of the morning. Now DH is watching football. That's a drone that should put me to sleep in short order. Sure would like a nap. Here I am, yawning and teary eyed. Guess I'll go clean the kitchen. Gypsy and a friend spent the day here and did some baking so there is a mess.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have this sofa in the spare room. It was a 'keep this till I get moved' thing from a relative... It's one of those who's back is a wall of GIANT pillows, you know the kind??? It is the PERFECT napping sofa. The springs in the bottom have longs since sagged a little. So when you lay down it sort of snuggles you up in pillows... Used to be that if anyone was looking for me on a Sunday afternoon- THAT would be where I could be found (with 3 cats and a dog or two).

One day I woke up with a startle to find my roommate standing about 2 feet away saying "Hey, You asleep?" :ep

I have't been able to fall asleep there since.... :hit

But I agree, there are some times when we simply SHOULD nap. When we're stressed, a short nap will often help. When we're sick, nothing beats a nap (or two). And when we're in one of those week long super busy times, finding time for a short nap can make a real difference.
Why is that that we eventually realize that our parents really WERE smart and wise... but never seem to learn that 'take your nap' lesson? :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm like Smart Red, I'm not able to nap if it's daytime. There are times when I so tired and I try but nothing. I have a perfect opportunity to take a nap when the kids go down for 2 hrs. but nope, nada...

Mary

terrielacy

Leafing Out
Administrator
Reaction score
Please do not respond to spam. Just report it. It makes more work for our staff when we have to get rid of a spammer, then go find the thread to see if any other clean up needs to be done. Plus when I remove the post from behind the scenes, it makes your posts look nonsensical.

I cleaned this thread of the spam as well as the validation given the spammer by the responses.

Again, just report and walk away. Thank you.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Notice where TerrieLacy is?

Ione is in a lovely location in this part of the world.

I always take my hat off when I drive through that community.

Steve :cool:

Latest posts