Need a 14" Auger

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That site that you posted does NOT show up on my screen ... However, When Cane says 2 men , she means 2 MEN ... as in 2 NFL defensive tackles . Just how BIG and STRONG are you, your friend, and / or are your wife ? Me thinks that you return this new toy and rent a Bobcat with a auger and possibly a person to operate it included . Will be faster and cheaper in the long run. When I rented this type of combo a number of years ago, the guy drilled 100 holes for 100 redwood trees through a hardpan that was 6-8" thick ( each hardpan meandered from a couple inches to 2 feet down from the surface and the soil consisted of 5 types of clay washed down from the mountains ,meaning hard as a rock) with each hole being 3 -12" holes side by side to be 3 feet wide and 42" deep in just over 6 1/2 hours. Have fun ! :old

Fixed the link, thanks. Yes, I get the concern and wish I could lean on someone else to do this but that crap is so up in the air ("awww man, I can't do it this weekend. how about next?", ....) and I've reaped the lack of benefits of that not working out too many times in the past to go that route in the farm planting season when I also need to get my trees in the ground.

However, if I break my wrist y'all will hear about it ;)

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I usually rent a groundhog from Home Depot. I drilled some 12” x 32” holes in August with it last year. It a one man post auger with tires to push it around. I think they even had a 14” bit for it. I think the one you have you can use aluminium pins that will break before you break when it gets bound up. If

Latest posts