Need help with heirloom plants and cuttings...

KD_Olive

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I need yall's help. My grandmother's old home place is going for sale. Today, the family gathered to divide her belongings...other than a few pots, all i cared about was her beautiful garden...it was her pride and joy for as long as i can remember...she was a lifelong lover of plants and had a huge variety of perennials and shrubs that survived while the house was vacant. Occasionally my uncle would go mow the lawn and he mowed over everything he possibly could.:( I managed to find day lillies, tiger lillies, canna lillies, ferns, angel trumpets, confederate roses, and I got cuttings from a shrub and a vine but I have no idea what they are or if they'll root. I know she had an iris garden but I couldn't find a single trace of it..

Can you guys help me identify these and tell me how to plant them and if they'll root? Thanks!!!:fl

KD_Olive

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
What is this vine? Can it be rooted?

Attachments

• 1463855811773.jpg
    1463855811773.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 278

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't quite tell what it is. As far south as you are, could it be jasmine? Try rooting some in damp sand with a jar over the top, using rooting hormone if you have it.
Save some to try rooting in water, as well.
White frilly blooms...maybe a white passion flower?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so glad you got starts of all those plants. When my parents moved to assisted living and I was tasked with getting rid of all their belongings and the house, I grew so sick of the whole ordeal, I didn't want any reminders around for a long time. By the time I did, the property was sold, and I didn't get any plants. I'm glad my son did.

KD_Olive

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Possibly amaryllis? I accidentally cut the bulb in half. :he

Attachments

• 1463856841545.jpg
    1463856841545.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 277

Latest posts