Need help with heirloom plants and cuttings...

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Hi, Just glanced at the project you've taken on. Good! Get all you can. Hope you have time to moisten the earth, that will permit you to cut plugs, with a sharp shovel, and lift out 6", 8", or even larger plugs~ they can be transported home in those plastic tubs sold for mixing concrete, and kept moist on the way. Lots of things will hitch hike.
all the plugs can be set together and watered, as plants come up and can be identified, you can move them where ever. So many of us remember plants we lost that were kept by those we love.
This is a great thing you're doing, you'll be thankful for the time and work it costs, and Grandmoma will be watching over your shoulder while you tend them.

KD_Olive

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I set the canna lilies out this morning, cannas are very hardy in this area and spread pretty quickly..… As for everything else, my husband and I are going to make a raised bed to plant everything in. Our soil is so pitiful that I'm afraid nothing will live if I plant it in the dirt around here. I'll keep you all posted on their progress! :)

Latest posts