Never Have I Ever, gardening addition

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gee, I've always found that to be the easy way. Avoiding rusty nails --don't know if I ever managed -- is much more difficult.

it is getting better... :) the area we used to use for burning pallets has now been gone through a few times - i'm not finding them as often (in either the easy or hard ways).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have done ALL in the original post.

What I haven't done is in @flowerbug 's suggestions of worthwhile experiences. First off, I don't care what those second graders tell you, I did NOT eat that worm! Maybe I just bit it in half to put it out of its misery over being dug up in the playground sandpile! See, it wasn't even in the garden ...

"break hand falling on shovel handle..." I've worn blisters and worn out gloves but I have never broken a bone gardening ... yet.

"face plant into the edge of the wheelbarrow..." I remember falling over a wheelbarrow, once. The particulars aren't clear but bruised shins are part of the memory. Now, I once fell over the bucket of a tractor. That resulted in more than bruising since a doc to the hospital emergency room sent me home with a number of stitches and a pain shot that wore off too quickly.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
all...

add a few more:

face plant into the edge of the wheelbarrow...

break hand falling on shovel handle...

play find the rusty nail the hard way...

tasted dirt...

eaten a worm...

i'm trying really hard to be more patient and to slow down when i do things. i'm not in some competition to see how many times i can trip and fall. also, trying to get things better so there aren't so many things to trip and fall over... 100,000,000 rocks later...

I will add to this...stepped on the stub of a bamboo stalk while wearing crocs. :confused: Not me, but my mom. This is not something you want to do! Made for a terribly infected puncture wound.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've just kept things to garden related... :) the other list would get too long and would more aptly be filed under "bad things done to/by me causing damage to the protoplasmic bean"

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will add to this...stepped on the stub of a bamboo stalk while wearing crocs. :confused: Not me, but my mom. This is not something you want to do! Made for a terribly infected puncture wound.

yeah, puncture wounds have to be really well cleaned and watched...

my falling on the shovel handle was caused by a tree sapling stub that should have been cut off at ground level, but Mom doesn't understand these things sometimes, so i got snagged on the pants leg as i was walking through there and i was moving fast enough that i had no time to react at all, just went down hard and fast and landed right between a few other stubs that were sticking up.

my crocs were resoled for the 2nd time this past fall, my favorite garden shoes. found some nice hard rubber from old sandals that worked perfectly once i wire brushed off the softer foamy gunk. shoe goo'd them and clamped and they're working perfectly. hope i get another 10-15 years out of them... :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is also the proverbial stepping on the garden rake and having it slap you in face.

I can testify ... I make lots of use of a garden rake. Turn them with the tines DOWN when leaving them lying on the ground.

The easy way to have the handle slap you is to do as I do - lean the rake against the garage wall and walk past it dozens of times each day. Only sometimes does that rake get turned around where I can step on those tines.

Steve