Never in My Life Have I Been So Lucky !!!!!!!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everyday I find 2 to 4 emails in my spam about wining contests. Everything from gift card to target to cars to cash. Whats so amazing is I never enter any contest yet I keep wining them. I never claim my prize because tax day is so close, don't want to make my accountant have to redo my return at this date. I have 2 friends that keep sending me chain letters no matter how many times I asked them not to. So now I forward wining emails to them, I mean someone should claim my prizes .

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
and people wonder why their e-mail accounts get hacked and how somebody used their credit card info to purchase things they never ordered.....

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, I like your idea. I have often thought about forwarding extreme political propaganda to those "friends" who send me opposing but equally extreme political propaganda.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I received a snail mail yesterday thanking me for being a regular donor and giving me the opportunity to donate again. Of course I've never heard of the group. I wonder if I'm targeted because of my age. The elderly can often get confused and make easy targets. I'm not normally a violent person but if I got my hands on someone regularly scamming the elderly I just might do something unconstitutional to them, under the lines of cruel and unusual.

My wife is friends with a certain person in Facebook. That person's brother is about as rightwing radical as he can get. They also have another friend on Facebook from church that is as leftwing radical as you can get. Occasionally my wife shows me some comments. That can get hilarious as long as you are not personally involved.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had another phone call from myself, yesterday ...

What those telemarketers don't know is that I don't answer the telephone, anyway. DW discovered the caller ID from "Steve" with our number. I've renewed that Do Not Call thing twice and just recently!

There have been a few text message telemarketing on the cell. And yes, those have been winning entries for going on a cruise!!! I think the reason it doesn't happen often, nor audio calls, is that the cell phone companies go after them. Land-line companies must not care.

Steve

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
What got my grandma everytime was when they had her name printed on letter asking for donation, she would think it was someone who knew her. One day my sister sat down and went over her checkbook she was writing between 30 and 35 checks a month, even though they where only for $2 or $3 it added up. My other grandma willn't give away a nickel

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't do forwards. I can't stand FB. And anything snail mail that is requesting donations....File 13!! :thumbsup

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I received a snail mail yesterday thanking me for being a regular donor and giving me the opportunity to donate again. Of course I've never heard of the group. I wonder if I'm targeted because of my age. The elderly can often get confused and make easy targets. I'm not normally a violent person but if I got my hands on someone regularly scamming the elderly I just might do something unconstitutional to them, under the lines of cruel and unusual.

My wife is friends with a certain person in Facebook. That person's brother is about as rightwing radical as he can get. They also have another friend on Facebook from church that is as leftwing radical as you can get. Occasionally my wife shows me some comments. That can get hilarious as long as you are not personally involved.
I have the same thing on my FB, friends and mostly family that are extreme fanatics about politics and in very different corners. They go "at it" all the time. I am soooooo apolitical! I have one political opinion and here it is ................... every politician, no matter his color, or animal mascot, or left or right, or gender, or nationality, etc.. is going to say what it takes to keep his job and check, and if his/her lips are moving they are lying.

Latest posts