Never in My Life Have I Been So Lucky !!!!!!!

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had another phone call from myself, yesterday ...

What those telemarketers don't know is that I don't answer the telephone, anyway. DW discovered the caller ID from "Steve" with our number. I've renewed that Do Not Call thing twice and just recently!

There have been a few text message telemarketing on the cell. And yes, those have been winning entries for going on a cruise!!! I think the reason it doesn't happen often, nor audio calls, is that the cell phone companies go after them. Land-line companies must not care.

Steve
I have started getting those too, phone calls from myself, very annoying and I don't understand the concept, if they are trying to fool you into answering the phone, don't they know you are aware that at that moment you aren't actually calling yourself?????

PhilaGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Anything to gain your confidence and/or confuse you.

How about all those callers with heavy accents that want to help you with your Windows problems. Talk about ripe for the taking . . .

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Anything to gain your confidence and/or confuse you.

How about all those callers with heavy accents that want to help you with your Windows problems. Talk about ripe for the taking . . .

Oh no. My step mom fell for that one back in 13'. Of course that was when I was visiting her. It was an awful mess. She was 86 then.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had the oddest little text message this morning.

It was simply a picture of a "release from liability" form - I believe it is called. Savannah had permission from her mom to attend a live show at the community theater with her high school class.

Really? I'll change her name ... Ms. Smith was allowed to go. There was nothing more to it. I didn't know forms could be sent by text message ... altho' I've completed a couple forms via email. The educational system today, wow!

I checked the name of the school and did a search of the telephone number. Shoot. The number was registered to "Mrs. Smith's Deli" in the small town where the high school was located. I responded with the information that they'd sent their form to the wrong number and got a "sorry, thank you." It would have been sad if Savannah could not go with her class to that show because ... the phone ate her homework!

Steve

Latest posts