New Arrivals!

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Here are my 12 new buff orpington pullets. I had a mini baby chicken crisis earlier. My heat lamp bulb blew out a couple hours after I had gotten them settled. So I had to drive 45 minutes 1 way to town to get a heat bulb. Everyone is fine and warm now. On to pictures

001-1_zps41e7a8fc.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi cuties!!! I could just eat you up... but you're not meat birds.... so I'll just gawk over your cuteness! :hugs

Where you get them from? Or did you hatch them?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the new babies!!! They are so cute! You will love having chickens, they eat lots of stuff from the garden that would end up on the compost heap! I give mine the broccoli and cauliflower plants when the season is over. They also get pea hulls, corn shucks and cobs and all sorts of stuff. The coop and run are dirt floored and I let the chickens do the composting for me. I dig it out once or twice a year and then start over. Garden gold.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yep, they are cute as can be when they are that age. I remember all three days of it. :lol:

Hold on to your hat. Pretty soon they will get feathers. Then they will make ungodly amounts of dust (I have no idea where the dust comes from. I think chickens are born with dust glands.) Then, in a couple of weeks they decide that flying is a good idea. Soon, they begin holding competitions to see just who can fly the highest. The looser then gets it's butt pecked relentlessly by the winner until you give the looser a butt tattoo and the winner a free night in jail. But by then you have already enlarged the brooder three times, checked a dozen chicken butts daily, (so much so, that the chicks begin to think you are some kind of pervert), and basically pulled out what's left of your hair. And that's just the beginning.

Cute chicks! Welcome to my hell! :lol:

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
monty makes everyone want to get chickens doesn't he? a true mental image. lol
I think buff orpingtons are the best. yours are lovely.

I thought I was getting four buffs. I ended up w/two buffs and two red sex links. oh well.

Latest posts